Lecture: Monday 2:00-3:50 PM, Wednesday 2:00-3:50 PM, Main Campus Room A129.
- Instructor: Ihor Stasyuk
- Office: Room H351-B
- Phone: 705 474 3450 ext. 4442
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours: Tuesday 2:30-4:00 PM, Thursday 2:30-4:00 PM or by appointment.
Textbook: "Mathematical Statistics with Applications"
by D.D.Wackerly, W. Mendenhall and R.L. Scheaer
7th edition, Brooks/Cole, ISBN-13: 9780495110811.
- Topics: The course will be based on Chapters 2,3,4 and 5 of the textbook.
- Chapter 2, Probability
- Chapter 3, Discrete Random Variables and Their Probability Distributions
- Chapter 4, Continuous Variables and Their Probability Distributions
- Chapter 5, Multivariate Probability Distributions (if time permits)
Examinations: There will be a nal exam in April and two midterm exams in the
middle of February and the middle of March (the dates of the midterms to be announced in
class). The midterms and the nal exams will be closed book.
Assignments: There will be several marked home assignments devoted to solving prob-
lems similar to those considered in class. No late assignments will be accepted.
Distribution of marks:
|| midterm 2